A few years ago, the West Creston Community Hall Society created a scholarship fund to financially assist a graduating student(s) of the Community to further their education.
Each year the fund provides $250 towards one or more bursaries given to deserving students of West Creston. Since 2010, the bursary amount has been increased by a further $1500 grant provided by RDCK Area C Director Larry Binks.
To qualify for a bursary a student must follow the Application Guidelines outlined below. GOOD LUCK!
The recipients from past years were;
- 2017 Cammi Ostendorf
- 2016 No Recipient
- 2015 Marielle Ryckman
- 2014 Braedyn Huscroft
- 2013 Charlene Overholt
- 2012 Brielle Huscroft & Brenda Bruns
- 2011 Peter Certik
- 2010 Crystal Barter & Logan Huscroft
- 2009 Logan Huscroft
- 2008 Ashtyn Huscroft
- 2007 Claire Schadeli
- 2006 Molly Kozak
- 2005 Brenna Temple
- 2004 Gillian Ryckman
- 2003 Anneli Schadeli
Who may Apply: To apply, a student must;
- Be attending courses as a full-time student at an accredited post-secondary educational or technical institution within 16 months of High School graduation or as a mature student,
- Be a resident of Area C,
- Demonstrate previous community involvement by outlining their past community activities,
- Enclose a transcript or other record of their academic work, and
- Submit an essay of approximately 100 words on "Why community involvement is important".
- Please note that 'Home Schooled' students are eligible.
Application Deadline: A Bursary Application Form with instructions is available from Prince Charles Secondary School or by downloading the form from the link provided on the left. The deadline for PCSS is Mid February 2017. Bursary applications may also be submitted at any time directly to the West Creston Community Hall prior to March 31, 2017. Mail your completed application with a covering letter to West Creston Community Hall Society, 1350 West Creston Rd, Creston, BC, V0B1G7.
The Selection Process: All applications are reviewed by a Selection Committee and checked to ensure they meet the minimum requirements. The candidate(s) with the best overall application, as determined by the Selection Committee, will be awarded a bursary. The Committee's decision is final.
Presentation: The award will be announced to the successful candidate at a Community Celebration Dinner in April. The bursaries will be paid following receipt by the Committee of proof that the candidate has successfully enrolled and paid their first year’s fees.
Contact info: If you have any questions about eligibility or need any clarification, please contact the Hall President.